help w/toilet line

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Kathleen, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Please be patient w/me, because I don't really know what I'm talking about. My son is going to help me install a new toilet (well--he's doing actually installing it) and we're having problems connecting it into the old waste line. Is there such a thing as a flexible waste line for toilets? If so, please let me know where to purchase that item.
    Thanks for your help and info.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The waste, or drain is what holds the toilet in place, so flexible is not good! The part in the floor is called a toilet flange, and it should be firmly anchored to the floor. The bolts fit into it, and that fits into the holes in the toilet and you anchor it down. Prior to installing, you put a wax ring on the flange to make the waterproof seal.

Not exactly sure what you need here. As to water supply lines, yes, flexible ones in various lengths are readily available most any plumbing supply place. Maybe a little more info or a picture would help.