Help removing shower hardware

Users who are viewing this thread

UlsterBoy13

Reaction score
I just purchased a home. It was built in 06.

I have hardware in my bathroom. It does not have the usual Allen Wrench screw anywhere on it to remove the hardware. It also has no Brand Name which i could look up. i removed the caulking from the point where faucet meets wall.

I have attached pictures of the hardware. I dont want to apply too much force in turning the faucet Counter Clock Wise in case i do more damage behind the walls. i also read they may be pull off but that again makes me wary as to what forces are being applied behind the wall.

Any ideas?
20150510_190910_resized.jpg
20150510_190922_resized.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Look on the underside of the spout and handle for a slot or hole.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
For the tub spout, they come in two styles: screw on, and push on. The push on style requires a set screw to keep it from moving. No set screw, it must unscrew. Is there a seam on the flared piece to the lever handle? Could that part unscrew, then expose the next step to the ultimate removal?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks