Help - need to shorten chrome shower riser pipe

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by lindaleech123, Aug 8, 2009.

1. lindaleech123

lindaleech123 New Member

Hi, our shower has been installed too high up on the wall and the fixed shower riser head is far too high - way above the shower. Is there any way to shorten a chrome 2 piece rigid shower pipe? Will need to rip the mermaid panelling down if this is not possible!:(
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

pics please
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Too high for you may be too low for someone else...there isn't any fixed standard. Hard to say without seeing it what you could do. Personally, I've got my showehead near the ceiling, and like it there. Course, I'm tall and can reach it if needed (not often).
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pipe

It is probably a 3/8" brass pipe and any plumber who has a 3/8' die can shorten it for you.