Help me identify this shower cartridge!!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by krystal138, Aug 13, 2012.

1. krystal138

krystal138 New Member

My house was built in 2009, about 6 months ago the water in the shower went from hot to warm. I called a plumber and he said i need to order a new cartridge. The problem is there are no markings on the shower or any of the parts and I have not been able to match it up in any stores or online. Please help me identify this shower/cartridge!
    photo.jpg
    shower.jpg
    shower1.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  2. allforone

allforone New Member

I have the same problem. I turn the mixer to the hottest position, but the water is still a little warm. The cartridge is almost the same. I can only identify "Selection" on the cover, nothing else. But nobody ever heard of that brand.

DSCN4886-2.jpg

DSCN4906-2.jpg

DSCN4893-2.jpg

DSCN4909-2.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

You get A+ for all the right photos! I can't ID it personally, but someone will. Stay tuned!!!
  4. Towers Plumbing

Towers Plumbing In the Trades

Moen Exactemp

Those cartridges look like an older style of the Moen ExactTemp® shower valves. The large white valve with the screens is the thermostatic mixing valve and the second valve is most likely a ceramic volume control cartridge.

mixing valve cartridge $120
    http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/exploded-parts-views/s3371pt.pdf
    volume control cartridge $22
    http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/exploded-parts-views/s3600pt.pdf

Note the second page for valve built before 2009. Older model cartridges can still be ordered but not directly through Moen. It goes through Moen but my distributor is the only way I can order it. Might want to check with a local plumbing supply warehouse.

Good Luck.
  5. shaolin_dragon

shaolin_dragon New Member

Negatory good sir. That is not a Moen. The trim is all wrong and the lower cartridge on the 2 handle 1/2" ExactTemp was a 1248 roman tub cartridge. The newer 3/4" exactTemp do not have a dual handle configuration. Only single.

Good luck on the hunt.
  6. mikestahlman

mikestahlman In the Trades

I just ran into this same cartridge! Did you ever get to the bottom of it because I am having a hell of a time finding the brand or model. Thanks!