HELP!...Leaky Bathtub faucet even after I replaced both cartridges

Users who are viewing this thread

LibraryGuy

Reaction score
Hello. I am hoping someone that can help me. I live in a condo that was built in the 1980's. I have a slow drip coming from my shower / bathtub faucet. I cannot find the exact name brand of the faucet, as it has no markings. It is a two handled and the diverter is in the faucet itself.

I took apart both the hot and cold faucets and inspected the cartridge and found no apparent damage or wear. I couldn't find the replacement part at my local hardware store. Though, after about a week Google image searching I found the manufacture of the cartridge. It's made by a company called Phoenix Faucets, what they call "Plastic Cartridge for Phoenix, Nibco and Streamway 2 Handle Kitchen or Lav Faucets and Exposed Tub & Shower Faucets, Fits Hot and Cold on Knob Handle Faucets or Hot Side Only for Lever Handle Faucets" with a part number was p22. I ordered two of them and replaced them both, however the leak still remains the same. I'm not sure what else there is to replace other than installing a whole new faucet, which I would like to avoid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Library Guy

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WE can't answer the question because we do not know it that is really the correct part, or if you installed it correctly, or if there is a removable seat that has to be replaced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks