Help identify American Standard shower valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by gboris, Jul 22, 2010.

1. gboris

gboris New Member

I'm trying to repair/replace a shower valve. It's an American Standard - I think from the early 70's.

Does anybody know what the part number could be to replace the cartridge? I really don't want to tear down the fiberglass tub to get to the rough-in. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Try Alfano Plumbing Parts or NYRP Corp
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If it is American Standard, the colors and design look right, but I have never seen one with a crucifix stem, it is an Aquarian. The 4 gpm model is #57864 and the 8 gpm version is #69382.
  4. gboris

gboris New Member

Thanks! Got a replacement cartridge. Will give it a shot tonight.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010