help finding OEM flapper for 1.6GPF Crane Classic

Users who are viewing this thread

cjs1996

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently moved and my new home has a Crane toilet, model 3434 (bowl) & 3437 (tank). I believe this is part of Crane's "Classic Collection" line. It is spec'd to be a 1.6GPF toilet.

I think the previous owners of the house replaced the flapper with a generic flapper from a hardware store. I think it may be wasting water because it closes very late. How do I find the appropriate OEM replacement (or equivalent) flapper to help ensure I'm actually getting a true 1.6 gallon flush?

The only thing I can find on the Crane site is a complete flush valve assembly. How do I find just the flapper? I guess I could call Crane but thought I'd check here first.

Does any one know the model number of the flapper I need? I see several generic "for Crane" flappers on various sites but I'm not sure if they're actually the one I need.

And replacing it is not an option, it works fine and I have 2 other 3.5GPF monsters to replace first. :)

Thanks,
Chris

cjs1996

Reaction score
Cass:

Thanks for the Korky link. Their "crane" replacement flapper still seems like a one size fits all flapper for older crane toilets. I wonder if might be better off with the Korky 1.6 flapper which is supposedly specifically for post 1995 1.6GPF toilets, which I think mine is.

Plumber1:

Because the flapper is starting to leak and I need a replacement. I don't want another cheap generic flapper that wastes water unnecessarily (by not closing soon enough).

Thanks for the replies.
Chris

cjs1996

Reaction score
I purchased the Korky 1.6 and it works great. It's an added bonus that I can 'fine-tune' how soon it closes since the flapper has an adjustment. Thanks for the pointer, I didn't know that flapper existed. -Chris