Help Correct Way To Remove Hot Water Radiators

Users who are viewing this thread

sdeblaze

Reaction score
I have a 2 flat in chicago. I have installed a central heat and air conditioning system for my unit (2nd floor) and want to finish the project by removing the existing hot water radiators from my unit (2nd floor) so that the first floor unit will independently control the system. I have already moved the thermostat to the first level unit. I have removed 4 radiators in my unit. I have the stub ups from the floor (2) per radiator left to deal with. Now the tough question. Can I cap those individually stub ups(8) or do I have to cut up my precious hardwood floors and connect them under the subfloor to insure hot water is till running in a coninuous loop? If I can not cap any suggestions on specifically how to best cut the floor or return to the plaster wall? Should I use a union or a compression fitting? Any thoughts and or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Lets remember "if it aint one thing its another"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks