Help choosing sump pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by chsitko, Mar 15, 2010.

1. chsitko

chsitko New Member

Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for the help. I'm looking to replace my sump which is currently a simmer. I have decided on either a hydromatic or a zoeller pump, probably leaning toward the zoeller. Anyhow, when it is wet in the area, the pump will run every minute or so. I have been looking at the m-53 or the possibly the flowmate 98 or DA-1. Since the pump runs often i was thinking it would be best to buy the pump with the greatest on/off difference, which would be the zoeller 98. How does the 98 compare with the m-53 or DA-1? IS there a better solution to increase the on/off difference, i have read about attaching the switch to the outtake pipe. I'm looking for the best pump and to create the best conditions for a long lasting pump.

Thanks
    Chris
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Check dean bennet supply and Ira Woods. Buy it without the built in float and add a remote one. the 53 is fine.