HELP! Cannot Control Temperature on Shower

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dsglg, Jan 7, 2008.

1. dsglg

dsglg New Member

Hello,

We recently moved into a new place that is great, except for the fact that the shower seems to have no temperature control. When running the shower, no matter where the temperature is set on the Moen handle, the temperature will begin cold but will quickly become scalding hot.

Furthermore, when I run the shower, I can feel hot water coming through the cold water pipe. These problems do not occur with the kitchen or bathroom sink, the taps run fine.

It was suggested to me that I could remove the Moen fixture and perhaps it was a matter of turning on the cold water valve. However, when I removed the fixture I could not find the valve.

ANY suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Can you post pictures?