Help about remodeling Condo. Need to know the Posible order things need to be done in

Users who are viewing this thread

trunksfujita

Reaction score
Here is what i need to do.
1.Replace the whole kitchen
2.Take off the drop Ceiling in the kitchen and i guesss make another one and put some kind of light.
3. Put new toilet and Vanity where you can wash you teeth.
4.whole Place needs to be painted.
5. the marble floors in the living room, dinign room, kitchen, and bathroom need to be polished.
6. All AC vents need to be cleaned inside.
7. Replace carpets in 2 bedrooms with new carpet.
8. Add the Wood trims around the whole house.(Wood trims go around the walls in the bottom)
9. Add 2 light fixtures: 1 in living room, and 1 in dining room.

My question is what should be the order in which is best to do all of these without 1 thing interfering with the other one and maybe doing 2 or 3 at a time. ? Any Suggestion would be appreciated. thank you

trunksfujita

Reaction score
Here is what i need to do.
1.Replace the whole kitchen
2.Take off the drop Ceiling in the kitchen and i guesss make another one and put some kind of light.
3. Put new toilet and Vanity where you can wash you teeth.
4.whole Place needs to be painted.
5. the marble floors in the living room, dinign room, kitchen, and bathroom need to be polished.
6. All AC vents need to be cleaned inside.
7. Replace carpets in 2 bedrooms with new carpet.
8. Add the Wood trims around the whole house.(Wood trims go around the walls in the bottom)
9. Add 2 light fixtures: 1 in living room, and 1 in dining room.

My question is what should be the order in which is best to do all of these without 1 thing interfering with the other one and maybe doing 2 or 3 at a time. ? Any Suggestion would be appreciated. thank you

I am hiring different companies to do all the work, Except Painting which i will do myself. And don't have any work permits yet.

D.Smith

Reaction score
I would probly work it out this way.

kit redo first inc ceiling.
bath next
paint
polish
ac
carpet
trim/lights (provided your not cutting trim inside the condo and that all your doing is replacing exsisting fixtures. I may move this up to above the cleaning if it would create dust)

My line of thinking is get the dirty/dusty jobs done before cleanup. Carpet installers will be happier without baseboards to worry about scratching but flip side is they will still have to worry about the fresh walls. Painters will be happier not having to worry about carpets when painting but have to understand they may have to do some touch ups.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
condo

This sounds like a "flip this house" project. Do the major jobs first, namely the kitchen and bath in any order. Then procede to the other tasks being sure whatever you do, does not undo something that was already done. Maybe you need Armondo's "How to make money flipping houses" dvd.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks