Heat Pump water heater recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

shaps

Reaction score
I have a Ducane 4HP18LT36P 1.461010 18 Seer 3t R410a Heat Pump. My hot water tank needs replaced and I started to look into heat pump hot water heaters but am not sure if it would work for me. Can they be integrated with a heat pump? Do they work well in northeastern states (Pennsylvania)?

I do not have gas, just electric and would like to pick something that would be economical in the long run but don't want to sacrifice having sufficient and readily available hot water. I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

onelostsoul

Reaction score
There are a number of integrated (hybrid) water heaters that may be suitable for your situation. If noise is a concern, you should research this guy - http://www.airgenerate.com/

Quiet comes at a premium though - there are some cheaper alternatives - GE makes a model which is locally produced. A O Smith also makes a hybrid (my neighbor just installed one of these in conjunction with a bunch of solar panels on his roof). That seems to be sold under a variety of brands.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks