Heat Pump water heater recommendations

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by shaps, Apr 20, 2014.

1. shaps

shaps New Member

I have a Ducane 4HP18LT36P 1.461010 18 Seer 3t R410a Heat Pump. My hot water tank needs replaced and I started to look into heat pump hot water heaters but am not sure if it would work for me. Can they be integrated with a heat pump? Do they work well in northeastern states (Pennsylvania)?

I do not have gas, just electric and would like to pick something that would be economical in the long run but don't want to sacrifice having sufficient and readily available hot water. I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!
  2. onelostsoul

onelostsoul New Member

There are a number of integrated (hybrid) water heaters that may be suitable for your situation. If noise is a concern, you should research this guy - http://www.airgenerate.com/

Quiet comes at a premium though - there are some cheaper alternatives - GE makes a model which is locally produced. A O Smith also makes a hybrid (my neighbor just installed one of these in conjunction with a bunch of solar panels on his roof). That seems to be sold under a variety of brands.