Haven't seen this prob in Troubleshooting!

Users who are viewing this thread

mikewrock

Reaction score
Wow, I hope somebody can be a hero here.

I had been noticing extreme pressure changes in the house and it was time to change the filter. After putting a new one in, I turned on the power and watched the gauge stop at 55 psi and heard the switch contacts open and heard the pump shutoff. Then I witnessed my pressure gauge climb to 90 psi! (I did confirm this with another new gauge at the end of a garden hose.)

I shutoff power, drained the system and during the draining procedure, confirmed that the bladder is not ruptured. I checked the pressure in the wellmate tank and it was nearly zero and the tank was light on weight. (empty) I put in 28 psi and restored power to the pump. Once again, the contacts opened at about 55 psi (verified that the contacts were open and the pump had indeed shut off). I watched the pressure gauge climb once again to 90 psi and checked the tank pressure and it was also at 90 psi.

Has anybody else had this problem occur? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Pump is about 60' deep and submersible pump is about 2 years old.

Reach4

Reaction score
Clean the junk from inside the tank tee and in particular clean the nipple that separates the pressure switch from the pressure tank. Also replace the pressure switch, since that might be gunked up too.

The pressure switch and the pressure tank should be very close together.

mikewrock

Reaction score
Hi Reach! Well, you were right on the money! Both the pressure switch and the pressure gauge share the same tee. After cleaning out both tees and flushing them, my system is back to normal. Thanks so much for your advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks