Have to turn sink faucet handles forever before water

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by terrypnt2001, Jul 28, 2010.

1. terrypnt2001

terrypnt2001 New Member

comes on, I thought there was a simple fix to this as taking the handles off and repositioning them while in the off position and I tried that but of course it did not work.
    It is not a major problem it just drives me nuts that I have to turn two times both hot and cold before the water actually comes out of the spout!!!!
    any solutions?
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

It would help if we knew what brand valve you have.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

YOu have bad washers in the faucet, and are probably getting very close to the point where damage may occur inside the faucet if they are not repaired.