Has anyone used a LAKOS Twist II Clean Filter?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Joelk, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Joelk

Joelk New Member

In trying to deal with my sediment problems I have come across Ads and YouTube Videos about this filter.

It seems like a quality filter and I like the fact that I should be able to just backflush it instead of changing filters all the time.

It has a mesh filter and the finest mesh they offer is rated at 105 microns. I wonder if this will be fine enough to remove a good portion of the very fine silt(no sand, probably clay) that rapidly clogs the element in my 10 x 4.5 "Whole House Filter".

I am trying to get things to the point where I would not have to replace the WHF Cartridge more that ever 2 months, hopefully longer.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback from anyone using the LAKOS Twist II Clean Filter.

Thanks, Joel

2. Teets

Teets CT pump guy

well tech
    I have one of these on a pump and dump geo-thermal system, and my customer loves it. He says it's extremely easy to maintain, even with all his silt.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Texas Wellman

Texas Wellman In the Trades

Owner of a Water Well and Pump Repair Business
    I have one on a well. I like it OK. I think Lakos makes very high quality stuff.

5. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Information Technology
    I'm sure Lakos makes good quality but if you are talking about an ultra-fine clay silt, I doubt 105 microns would stop it. I have a Banjo with 100 mesh and it only stops sand, not clay. My BIRM iron filter stops clay.

6. Joelk

Joelk New Member

Thanks for the replies.

The 105 mesh does concern me and I am sure it would not catch anywhere near all of the sediment, but I wonder if it would catch enough to significantly extend the lift of my WHF.