hard to find delta part

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by phxz06, Apr 14, 2009.

1. phxz06

phxz06 New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Hi I'm replacing a Delta 600 series shower. I had a real hard time removing the old parts due to corrosion and calcium build up. My problem is that I can't find a part that I had to damage during removal. Its a flange/collar that goes over the housing for the water temp/pressure control ball. I had to cut the old flange/collar off because I could not get a good grip with my channel locks to offer counter support while removing the housing cover (didn't want to shear off the copper lines). I am including a picture of the cut and damaged part. The new parts going in are chrome if that may help with a part number.

thanks steve

Attached Files:

2. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago Illinois Licensed Plumber
    Chicago, IL
    Give these guys a call http://www.justfaucets.com/ They have a very large stock of parts, and normally can get me a part they don't have in a day. They bailed me out hundreds of times.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    I believe the part you need is RP5893-PB. Any large plumbing supply can get it for you, IF Delta still makes it. If they don't , someone in the aftermarket probably does.

You could also google that part number and probably find it online.
  5. phxz06

phxz06 New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    thanks for the quick response

Thanks guys.. that was the part I needed. I found a plumbing supply store here in phoenix that has it in stock. Glad I found this forum... it rocks.