Hallmark pump for a cistern?

Users who are viewing this thread

henjj

Reaction score
I'm tempted by purchase the Hallmark pump mentioned by Valveman for my cistern, but there are a quite a few negative reviews on Amazon where the pump only works for a few months then gives up the ghost. Anyone had this pump installed with a CSV where it has lasted under normal use for more than a couple of years? Also, what are the differences between the 1HP 230v and the 1HP 110v model? Is one preferable over the other? Finally, If I decide to not go with the Hallmark pump, what specs should I be looking at for a submersible cistern pump? Cistern is a 3000 gallon tank buried next to my house. Thanks!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A 10 GPM, 1/2HP submersible is all you need for a cistern pump. But for the price the 1HP, 33 GPM, Hallmark is hard to not try. There are some people here who keep coming back and updating. And I haven't heard of any problems. Th3 230V is better for many reasons. I think they will last a long time if keep from cycling on/off.

Well feeding cistern with sub booster.jpg

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
Let me tell you all about Hallmark pumps.
1. I get NOTHING for telling you about them. I am not a paid sponsor.
2. I bought one on Ebay for $150-160 I forget how much for sure but it wasn't $170. Check my name and my posts and I tell you all about it. It replaced a franklin motor, goulds wet end. What I bought on ebay was a 3/4 horse 230 volt deep well 3.5 inch submersible.
3. That was I think in 2018. Look at all the posts by me that say Cheap Pump Update.

Mine is still going strong.

NOTE: To install my new Hallmark, I personally yanked up 200 feet of 1" poly with a a goulds/franklin at the end of it. I did this by hand. That was in 2018. Also, it was an idiot plan in action. I got lucky. I would never ever do that again. BUT- I think I am approaching the limit of the manufacturers warranty of any other pump you can buy for $1000 or less, and I spent $160. The true expense in changing a pump is in the labor to do it.

Enough rant and

CHEAP PUMP UPDATE:
She's still making city pressure in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.

I'm confident that if you buy a genuine Hallmark Pump (I think they are made in Guangdong, China) it will be ok.

Last edited:

henjj

Reaction score
Great! Thanks for the replies. Ordered the Hallmark 230V 1HP pump from the jungle store. Cistern will be dropped in next week and I'll hook it all up. I'll report back how it goes over the next few months.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks