Grohmix shower no cold water

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by GerardSamuel, Oct 18, 2012.

1. GerardSamuel

GerardSamuel New Member

My Grohmix shower suddenly stopped producing cold water last week on the day that the apartment building turned on the heating system for the winter (I don't know whether the two events are related). Now all I can get is scalding hot water so the shower is unusable. I think the unit dates from the 1970s. I remember a few years ago, the cartridge had to be replaced because it had gotten clogged with sediment and no cold water was coming out. Do you think that could be the problem again? If so, do you think I would need the actual model number to try to track down a new cartridge or would just the brand be sufficient? I'm trying to avoid installing a whole new shower.

About a year ago, you guys really helped me out with a kitchen question. I love this forum.

Gerard

Faucet Grohmix photo.JPG