Greenish fluid in brine tank

Users who are viewing this thread

spyshot

Reaction score
soft-pb-01.jpg

This picture shows a greenish brownish fluid that suddenly showed up in my brine tank right next to the water hose.

I fill the tank every month with salt and it suddenly appeared this month.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Outdoors? Accessible to other people?

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
But the brine line comes in through an unsealed opening? Pretty sure mine has a sealed through-fitting on that. I'm suspicious of any opening to the outside world in the system.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
That is really nasty looking. That particular spot on the brine tank should always be dry unless water entered through the hole in the side of the brine tank or your Jaco 90 degree fitting is leaking, these is no reason for water to be there. If the fitting were leaking, it is unlikely that the system would be able to draw brine. I am leaning toward an external source. Do you have a cat? Wildlife or something maybe urinated on the brine tank? Just throwing out wild guesses at this point.

spyshot

Reaction score
Thanks but no. Ill clean it up and see if it comes back.

I wanted to post an update to this thread. The 90° fitting appears to be leaking and there was a dark looking residue inside the fitting that I think when it was leaking diluted it making it look that greenish color. After I cleaned everything up and put it back together I still see some water laying there so apparently it is still leaking though this time the water is clear. I don't know what that would've been but I will replace the fitting now.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I have thousands of those 90 degree fittings laying around, let me know and I will throw one in the mail for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks