Gmax in Toto/Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

Timmy

Reaction score
About 5 years ago I installed a Toto/Drake toilet in our main bathroom. It has worked flawlessly although the flush has always been a little noisey. Recently the Gmax valve seems to have developed a problem. After flushing it may be 20 seconds or so before the valve lets water start flowing into the tank. Has anyone encountered this problem or know the cause of it? This "problem" is something we can live with but my concern is that eventually the delay may get longer until it no longer allows water into the tank.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Simple answer, leave it alone. Might work - take the cap off, remove the filter, and clean to see if there's anything in there. Long term, go to a plumbing store or Lowes and buy a new cap assembly for a few bucks and replace it. Instructions are on the package. Should take all of a couple of minutes. That toilet (probably) uses the Korky valve.

www.terrylove.com/korky

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks