Glacier Bay Leonardo faucet, Trouble Removing Handles

Users who are viewing this thread

shakingspear

Reaction score
I'm trying to fix a drip in my bathroom faucet. The faucet handles don't appear to have a set screw, or a cap that I can remove to access the set screw (I've checked the backs and sides of the handles). I don't see any manufacturer information, though the spout has Perlator VX stamped on it (searching this name hasn't really helped me). Any ideas on how to remove the handles?

gb-leonardo-01.jpg

gb-leonardo-02.jpg

gb-leonardo-03.jpg

shakingspear

Reaction score
IF those chrome "sleeves" under the handles do not rotate when the handle is moved, then they probably unscrew and remove the handle as they do.

They do rotate when the handle is moved. I tried unscrewing them, anyway, but with no luck.

shakingspear

Reaction score
Turns out that the handle just pops off. Just pull straight up to remove it. It's a Glacier Bay Leonardo from Home Depot, in case anyone has this problem in the future. Thank you for the response, hj!

Kathleen McNamee

Reaction score
Turns out that the handle just pops off. Just pull straight up to remove it. It's a Glacier Bay Leonardo from Home Depot, in case anyone has this problem in the future. Thank you for the response, hj!
Thank you for this information. Unfortunately I didn't find this posting until after I broke the handle when I tried to unscrew the top of the faucet from the bottom part. Now I know.

Kathleen McNamee

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this post. I couldn't figure out how to get the handles off so I could replace the stem. I ended up breaking the handle when I tried to twist the top of the handle off the base of the handle. Now I know just to pull up on it. Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks