GE Monogram oven

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by blacktop37, Jan 28, 2007.

1. blacktop37

blacktop37 New Member

In our remodeling effort,we are thinking of a GE monogram convection oven. On some blogs I cannot find very good remarks , a lot feel the fans are too loud and run too long. I trust this forums judgment. Are all convection ovens overly loud? Thank You!
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Well, a convection oven has to have a fan. I have not personally seen many, so I don't know if anyone makes a quieter one.

The convection design was brought over from the commercial field to residential. Noise was not an issue in commercial, but the speed of cooking and even heat make it very desirable.
  3. gsfromc

gsfromc New Member

We're on our second convection oven. First was gas, the one we have now is gas top, electric convection oven. My wife loves it, the electric in the oven is much more controlled, no hotspots. And the gas top is great for cooking. Look at Dacor, very easy to clean the top, just two easy to lift off grates. Something you'll really appreciate over the years.