Gas furnace readings

Users who are viewing this thread

pedietz

Reaction score
I have a Weil-McLain boiler supplying the hot water to my cast-iron radiator heating system. Any one have a thought on what the pressure and temperature gauges should be reading? The temp gauge goes to 130-140F after the boiler cycles off, and the pressure gauge appears to be fairly steady at +/-20 lbs. Should the pump that circulates the hot water be running when the furnace is no longer burning?
Thanks!

Gencon

Renovator
Reaction score
Website
gencon.piczo.com
First off, you have a boiler, not a furnace. But, the readings appear to be just fine.The recirc pump will continue to run after the burner stops firing because it is either on a timer or a temperature control.This is a great feature for a hot water system because it will continue to provide heat to the house long after the burner has shut off.It increases the efficiency of the system by using all the heat thats available.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
boiler

The temperature could be proper, low, or high, depending on what media you use in the rooms for heating. The pressure is correct. Depending on how the system is wired, the pump could run until the thermostat is satisfied regardless of the boiler's temperature.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks