Garbage Disposer Installed at an Angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Jan Aguilera

Reaction score
I recently had a really good garbage disposer installed by someone I wish I'd never hired. The disposer itself is hanging at a very noticeable angle. Aren't they supposed to be hanging straight down? Does it matter?

Now it is leaking water under the sink. Not sure why. The disposer won't turn on. The reset button won't reset. I used the wrench to free it up. I got it to move. The circuit breaker was not tripped.

Any advice? Thanks!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
obviously call your plumber back.

badger-5-install-01.jpg

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I recently had a really good garbage disposer installed by someone I wish I'd never hired. The disposer itself is hanging at a very noticeable angle. Aren't they supposed to be hanging straight down? Does it matter?

Now it is leaking water under the sink. Not sure why. The disposer won't turn on. The reset button won't reset. I used the wrench to free it up. I got it to move. The circuit breaker was not tripped.

Any advice? Thanks!

there are three "teeth" on the garbage disposal ring. Your installer thought he had it snug but actually missed one of those teeth. He would have noticed this IMMEDIATELY if he had performed a flood test to check his own work. I have to ask. what'd this guy charge ya. Anyways - easy fix. Call the guy back. it'll take him a whopping 2 minutes to fix it.

-Mike
https://homeservicestriad.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks