garbage disposal

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by andrew_karre, Dec 6, 2004.

1. andrew_karre

andrew_karre New Member

My kitchen sink has a very small vertical distance between the sink drain and the waste T in the wall (5 inches, or so). I want to install a garbage disposal, but I haven't found one with less than 6.5 inches between the sink drain flange and the outlet (and thus, for my application, an unphill path to the waste pipe). Is there anything I can do short of moving the waste T down a couple inches? Are there any compact disposals?

Thanks,
    Andrew Karre
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

disposer

GE and Whirlaway make tiny ones but I do not remember if the drain distance is any shorter or if they just have little motors.