Galvanized for DWV

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by chefwong, Jul 26, 2006.

1. chefwong

chefwong New Member

The main run is CI leading up to a 2" female coupler coming out of the floor.

Have not decided whether I'll be using brass drain *I have a stash of cast brass traps, tubes, etc* or just do PVC all the way the sink. The coupler is about 3-4 inches below the floor ...so if I decide to go the brass route, I do need to stub it out regardless.
    Would galv. be the best material for this application ?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

There is no "best" material. Use whichever is easiest, or maybe least expensive.
  3. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Is galvanized okay for DWV ? I know gal rusts for water supply.....It's easier for me since they come in all nipple sizes...

From there I can use the brass traps/tube I do have in the garage now