Furnace outside air intake sweating

Users who are viewing this thread

1guido

Reaction score
My furnace has 2 pipes going to outside one for exhaist and one for intake for combustion air. The intake pipe is sweating and water is dripping on the floor and I have a feeling inside the furnace as well. Im pretty sure this is not supposed to happen. It's in the low teens here. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? The pipe is 3 " pvc the furnace in a Rheem modulating

Thanks

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Insulate the pipe. It is real common if it is really cold outside. When the cold pipe warms up the humidity in your basement condenses on it. It poses no real problems except for a bit of moisture on the floor. Again, insulate it and the problem will go away. Use Armor-Flex or something like it.

1guido

Reaction score
Thanks!

I was hoping it would be something simple like that, I'll get some insulations and give it a try

Again Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks