Free codes online

Users who are viewing this thread

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Here's a site with free access to NY State's various construction codes (building, plumbing, electrical, etc.), as well as nine other states:

http://publicecodes.citation.com/st/index.htm

Nice link there TedL. Here in Illinois they have it where it is mandatory for public libraries to carry the Illinois code, plus any of the city, township, and county amendments to the plumbing code. When ever I get a project in a city or township I head to the local library to make sure I am up to date on any amendments to the code they have made. If I still have any unanswered questions then I contact the plumbing inspector of that city or township for clarification on his interpretation of the code.

Just the other day I had to talk to an inspector to see if they allow the Clean Check backwater valve, they do, but he thinks like I do that the homeowner would be better off with a true flood control system. Thing is the owner of the home lives in AZ now and has the home on the market, so doesn't want to spend too much on the home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks