Foot Valve Size

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by cr506, Jul 16, 2012.

1. cr506

cr506 New Member

I had a 2" well drilled. The driller put a pvc cap on it since I was going to finish it out later myself. The cap was on for the last few months. I bought the packer assembly, foot valve, SRA's etc. I was told I needed a 1 1/4" foot valve. When I went to drop the piping into the well the foot valve would not go. It was too big. Is this the correct size foot valve for a 2" well or could the cap possibly have had some effect on the pipe?

The well piping is lettered with green lettering & says 2" jet pipe, or something similar to that wording.

2. Texas Wellman

Texas Wellman In the Trades

Owner of a Water Well and Pump Repair Business
    You have to have a special footvalve that will fit in 2" casing, not all 1-1/4" footvalves will go.

If you have a Goulds jet (common) then it uses a 1" footvalve. Sta-Rite uses 1-1/4" footvalves.

Whatever you do make sure you use a brass jet. Cast iron will eat out in some water conditions as it will be the only metal in the plastic well.

Good luck.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement