Foot pedal kitchen faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

thm

Reaction score
I'm going to be replacing my kitchen sink and faucet soon, and I'm really intrigued by the idea of a foot-pedal operated faucet. But the solutions I've seen so far all have what I consider to be fatal flaws: I want the faucet to operate normally--operate the valve and water should flow. I also don't want to prepare anything (such as pre-opening the regular valve) in order for the foot pedals to work. All the systems I've seen so far (including FootFaucet, Tapmaster, and Pedalvalve) put the foot-operated valves in series with the regular valve, so the regular valve must be opened before using the foot pedals, and the foot pedals must be latched on in order for the regular valve to act regularly.

I haven't seen any valves-in-parallel hardware for sale, so I'm wondering how feasible it would be to buy, say, a T&S Brass foot-pedal valve, and also take a remote-valve kitchen faucet, and tie the output of the two valves together with a wye to connect to the faucet. Has anybody successfully done this? Are there any brands of faucet whose connectors are particularly amenable to this setup?

I don't want anything that needs electricity to work, so no sensor faucets. I suppose the other solution would be to have two faucets installed, one regular and one for the foot valves. (Actually that would be three faucets, as I'm planning an instant-hot-water/filtered water faucet as well.)

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Foot pedals are very difficult to operate unless you use a single one with a predetermined mixed temperature. For parallel operation you need TWo water connections to the spout and no manufacturers provide that feature. You would have to modify the supply to the spout and insert that second port, which can be difficult these days and manufacturers resort to proprietary connections which cannot be readily modified.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks