Floor mounting ring

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by balld, Jun 30, 2006.

1. balld

balld New Member

I'm not sure of the correct terminology, but my new house with roughed in basement bath has this ring installed rotated 90 degrees from the correct orientation. The current setup would have the flange bolts attaching at the front and back instead of the sides. How can this be corrected properly?

Don
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

Is the flange connected to 3" or 4" pipe?
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

What is your flange made of? Some have a metal ring which swivels for proper orientation.
  4. balld

balld New Member

Commode Flange

The flange is made of plastic and is embedded in concrete. It won't swivel. I did discover that it has two indentions in the correct orientation that may work in a pinch as the flange bolt will slide into them. Photo is attached.

Attached Files:

5. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

Ok, If it's square, go for it.
  6. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I see no reason why you can make it work, the tee bolts have a wide enough head to hold in the slot. However, since it is a new house, why not make the "plumber" who set the flange come back and make it right? You paid him for a professional job, demand that it be a professional job.