floor drain stopper

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jimmyd, Jul 16, 2006.

1. jimmyd

jimmyd New Member

I Have A Basement Floor Drain That Backs Up When The Washer Drains. I Had A Plumber Put In A Stopper That Lets The Drain Work But Will Not Let The Washer Discharge Come Back Up The Drain.
    It Was Clogged, We Cleaned It And Placed It In The Drain. It No Longer Works. Are There Different Types Of Drain Stoppers.

Jimmyd
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

If your drain is backing up I would suggest you call a plumber oir drain cleaning company and have it professionally cleaned.
  3. As Cass Mentioned, I Would Hire Someone To Clean The Drain So That You Address The Problem, Not The Symptoms Of The Bigger Problem.

When You Cap the Drain Your Problems Will Get Worse As The Water Has No Place To Displace To.
  4. jeanne

jeanne New Member

about your drain

Jimmyd, I have a laundry drain in my laundry room ,that was doing the same thing, the plummer,told to put in a laundry tub,and it drains into the tub first,then into the drain,said the new washer water comes out too fast the droin cannot accept fast enough.I have not had a problem since. hope this helps. jeanne