Flexible PVC for bath drain?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by z_man, Feb 9, 2008.

1. z_man

z_man New Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I'm installing an new bathtub and I'm having trouble connecting my bathtub drain kit to my p trap and waste line. Can I simply run flexible pvc pipe from the bathtub drain to the p trap (it would only need to be about 4-6 inches in length)? I'm only about 1 inch off from matching the p trap to the bath drain. My only other option is to install another p trap directly under the bathtub drain and then connect into the waste line but I would have to put in a total of 3 corners after the p trap in order to connect to the waste line. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or even up to code.

2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Sep 1, 2004
    Yakima WA
    There should be only one P trap and that should be directly below the tub outlet. Flexible PVC is not acceptable.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Mikebarone

Mikebarone DIY Senior Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ

If you can get us a photo of the p-trap assembly, (and maybe, while holding the new connection where it needs to be) we could give you better suggestions.

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

If you cannot figure out the fittings needed to line the drain up, maybe you need a plumber, especially if you are considering a second P trap which would make your life extremely difficult until you remodeled the bathroom again.