Flexible PVC for bath drain?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by z_man, Feb 9, 2008.

1. z_man

z_man New Member

I'm installing an new bathtub and I'm having trouble connecting my bathtub drain kit to my p trap and waste line. Can I simply run flexible pvc pipe from the bathtub drain to the p trap (it would only need to be about 4-6 inches in length)? I'm only about 1 inch off from matching the p trap to the bath drain. My only other option is to install another p trap directly under the bathtub drain and then connect into the waste line but I would have to put in a total of 3 corners after the p trap in order to connect to the waste line. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or even up to code.

Thanks,
    z_man
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

There should be only one P trap and that should be directly below the tub outlet. Flexible PVC is not acceptable.
  3. Mikebarone

Mikebarone DIY Senior Member

Maybe?

If you can get us a photo of the p-trap assembly, (and maybe, while holding the new connection where it needs to be) we could give you better suggestions.

Mike
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

If you cannot figure out the fittings needed to line the drain up, maybe you need a plumber, especially if you are considering a second P trap which would make your life extremely difficult until you remodeled the bathroom again.