flange too low

Users who are viewing this thread

N-8

Reaction score
I'm going to be tiling a bathroom. I removed the toilet and what I found was a lead bend beat over a flange that's not connected to anything just held with the bent lead all connected to a pvc drain. The problem i have is that the flange is against the concrete slab and i would like the tile to go close to the lead pipe and have the flange sit on top of the tile. Should I just keep it as is and cut the tile to go around the flange and then double up on the wax rings? Also, should I screw the flange to the concrete? Thanks

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
A flange should sit on top of and be bolted to the finished floor level with only the thickness of the flange above the finished tile floor level.
If you have PVC white plastic pipe to connect to, remove that old flange and lead pipe, and replace it with a PVC flange and make-up and PVC glue it all together. Chisel the concrete out as necessary. You can secure the flange with Tapcons.
Good luck!
Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks