Fizzy Water - One Faucet Only

Users who are viewing this thread

Lkstaack

Reaction score
My kitchen faucet started putting out fizzy water a few weeks ago; it looks carbonated and doesn't have an odor. Anybody have an idea what is causing it?

It only occurs during the first second or two it is open and the water outputted quickly looks and tastes fine after the bubbles subside. Only my kitchen faucet is affected. It is a model with a single handle and a spigot that pulls out with a hose attached. There isn't a brand marking on the faucet.

The phenomena doesn't bother me that much, but I am concerned that air may be entering via a hole in the copper pipe where I can't see it.

An internet search shows that Moen brand faucets have a hose that interacts with water causing fizzing. Other causes are recent water main work and well problems. None of those apply to me. Anyone come across anything similar?

Reach4

Reaction score
My kitchen faucet started putting out fizzy water a few weeks ago; it looks carbonated and doesn't have an odor. Anybody have an idea what is causing it?

It only occurs during the first second or two it is open and the water outputted quickly looks and tastes fine after the bubbles subside. Only my kitchen faucet is affected. It is a model with a single handle and a spigot that pulls out with a hose attached. There isn't a brand marking on the faucet.

The phenomena doesn't bother me that much, but I am concerned that air may be entering via a hole in the copper pipe where I can't see it.

An internet search shows that Moen brand faucets have a hose that interacts with water causing fizzing. Other causes are recent water main work and well problems. None of those apply to me. Anyone come across anything similar?

Air cannot enter due to a pipe leak, because your water is under pressure.

Is this city water or private well?

Reach4

Reaction score
I expect the kitchen faucet is your highest. Maybe your house is higher. Or it may be that the neighbors never noticed. It is not something to worry about.

Lkstaack

Reaction score
I expect the kitchen faucet is your highest. Maybe your house is higher. Or it may be that the neighbors never noticed. It is not something to worry about.

Well, my second floor master bath is higher. Also, it never did it the first three years I have lived here; it just started. I'm glad it's nothing to worry about.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks