First story shower vent advice

Users who are viewing this thread

RViernow

Reaction score
We are adding a basement bath with a master bath directly above it. I am running into issues trying to vent my first level shower. Right now we have the drain running towards the outside wall into a long sweep t. The left side drops to drain, the other rises up to vent, but has to immediately go 90 then then flat for a few inches and then 90 up to the attic. I am not sure how the inspector is going to feel about the quick 90's. they are above the drain line, but not 6" above the flood line. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
IMG_0928.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The fitting used should be a sanitary tee. You can use 1/8th bends to create an offset in the vent, but the vent is not permitted to fall below 45 degrees until it is at least 42" above the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks