Fayette/Berry Alabama Plumber Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

BGTF

Reaction score
I need a plumber to help me with a diy self-build near Fayette and Berry, Alabama. I am building a small cottage and need:
1) the stub-ups set for the black and grey water,
2) connection to the septic tank after the slab is poured and
3) generally keeping me headed in the right direction.

Slab - 1 bathroom

I am willing to pay a reasonably fee and stay out of the way, when best.

I have set the reply notification to alert me to your reply.

Thank you for your interest.

Tom

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
plumbing

The key sentence in that posting is "pay a reasonable fee". What does that mean? My reasonable and yours could be hundreds of dollars apart. Call local plumbers and get quotes from them. We are not in your area, and we are also neither altruistic, or cheap.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This is an international forum, and not generally a "for hire" site, but someone may reply, so stay tuned.

Generally, most of us here recommend that you always hire a licensed contractor for a job like this, and insist that all proper permits and inspecitons are taken care of.

You are in a different neck of the woods than myself. You might find a plumber to "work with you". Out here ( CA ) you would be hard pressed to find a top notch contractor interested in those job terms. You could certainly expect to pay a few grand for the plumbing work.

BGTF

Reaction score
My apologies

Seems that some professionals, here, have been offended. That certainly was not my intension. This site advertises that it is offering advice to DIYers. As such, I thought it particularly appropriate to look for a plumber, here, that would be willing to work with a DIYer.

As is pointed out, most plumbers won't take that type of work. Some of us "do it ourselves" out of necessity, rather than being cheap. Though the odds of finding someone in my local might be small, I didn't think it wrong to inquire.

A "reasonable" price is the going rate. It also factors in the limited scope of the work needed. It certainly should be profitable.

As for altruism, that is an excellent virtue. It seems to be the whole basis for this web site. If not, then I wonder for what purpose any self-respecting professional would invest their time, here. For those of you who do lend a helping hand, on behalf of all non-professional user of the site, please accept my deepest gratitude.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Seems that some professionals, here, have been offended. That certainly was not my intension. This site advertises that it is offering advice to DIYers. As such, I thought it particularly appropriate to look for a plumber, here, that would be willing to work with a DIYer.

As is pointed out, most plumbers won't take that type of work. Some of us "do it ourselves" out of necessity, rather than being cheap. Though the odds of finding someone in my local might be small, I didn't think it wrong to inquire.

A "reasonable" price is the going rate. It also factors in the limited scope of the work needed. It certainly should be profitable.

As for altruism, that is an excellent virtue. It seems to be the whole basis for this web site. If not, then I wonder for what purpose any self-respecting professional would invest their time, here. For those of you who do lend a helping hand, on behalf of all non-professional user of the site, please accept my deepest gratitude.

No one on this site has been offended...You asked a question and received answers.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It would take an IED to offend most of us folks! If you were offended by something here, we're sorry. Ain't life a bitch!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks