Extra long dishwasher air gap connection

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by blanca, Jan 26, 2011.

1. blanca

blanca New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    We need to accomodate an extra thick countertop (3") and a above counter farmhouse sink (10").
    I need to locate or create a very long dishwasher air gap connection.
    Any ideas? Inspector will not ok "loop" inline instead.
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Jan 5, 2008
    Test, Don't Guess!
    Land of Cheese
    You might consider putting the air gap next to the sink. The countertop can have a blind hole cut in from the bottom to remove some of the excess thickness.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. geniescience

geniescience Homeowner

Nov 27, 2005
    humid summers hot, humid winters cold
    air break is needed; an air gap (as a product) is a subset of all the options you can implement. Also allowed: a standpipe or any other indirect drain. Also, the air gap can go on a window sill, and some people have even installed "Johnson" tee's to get outside air through the wall..
  5. Dunbar Plumbing

Dunbar Plumbing Master Plumber

Apr 18, 2005
    Service Plumber, Outdoor Temperature Relief Owner
    Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
    Take pictures of your situation. There's quite a few options to employ.