Expansion Tank Issue?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by gift15, Dec 27, 2009.

1. gift15

gift15 New Member

I have this water boiler, the expansion tank is upside down and there is no air vent. Then, many times there is no heat in the 2nd floor of the house [because the water doesn't reach up there].

Is there a problem to the boiler that was installed? Would the upside down expansion affect anything? Also, the air vent is needed right?
    If, yes. What should I do or get fixed?

Thanks.

here is the picture I found of what a boiler set up should look like.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

It makes no difference how the tank is mounted.
    If you get no heat upstairs you may have air in the system or not enough pressure. Pressure should be about 15 lbs.
  3. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter