Excessive condensate from outdoor Bosch Heat pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Stude60

Retired pipefitter
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a homeowner that had a Bosch BOVB18 Heat pump installed Monday. This unit replaced a 25 year old Lennox unit. I have noticed the last two mornings with overnight temperature 30 degree's that I have standing water under the heat pump on the concrete. I looked inside of the unit and the accumulator and copper is covered with condensate and running out of bottom of unit. I never saw this in the 25 years with the Lennox. Is this a problem with the Bosch unit ? Any help appreciated, I am a novice.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
It could be frost or ice coating the coils then it melts when the unit is off.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
It could be frost or ice coating the coils then it melts when the unit is off.
So is there an efficiency effect to that? I.e. the new more efficient unit extracts more heat per unit volume of outdoor air, and therefore causes condensation/icing to occur at higher outdoor temperatures, compared to the old unit?

Cheers, Wayne

Fitter30

Reaction score
Bosch unit uses thermistors and logic for the defrost cycle where your lennox didn't have any logic just was based coil and ambient temperature.View attachment 78373

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-05-14-00-15.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-05-14-00-15.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 115
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks