Eternal Gas Tankless Water Heater Noise!?

Users who are viewing this thread

philipk65

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2012 Eternal Propane tankless water heater GU 195 S.

The last 3 days it make a horrible noise when the gas kicks on. It sounds like a out of tune French horn or a sick Moose.

*** FYI - 3 days ago our propane tank was filled up from 20 gallons to 80 gallons. Would that have something to do with it? ***

What can be the problem?

Also, I read some pretty bad reviews on this model. How is the company about standing behind their product and warranties?

Thanks!

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2012 Eternal Propane tankless water heater GU 195 S.

The last 3 days it make a horrible noise when the gas kicks on. It sounds like a out of tune French horn or a sick Moose.

*** FYI - 3 days ago our propane tank was filled up from 20 gallons to 80 gallons. Would that have something to do with it? ***

What can be the problem?

Also, I read some pretty bad reviews on this model. How is the company about standing behind their product and warranties?

Thanks!

A 100 gallon tank is not large enough for a 200,000 BTU appliance. (I'm guessing you have that tank size, as 80% is max fill).
These tanks are used for clothes dryers and cooking.

The evaporative capabilities and the small regulators they put on these tanks can't supply the volume of LP gas the tankless requires. The problem you are hearing is called resonance and it's common on undersized LP systems.

Shame on the installer or LP company whoever was there last, they should know this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks