Eternal Gas Tankless Water Heater Noise!?

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by philipk65, Jun 7, 2014.

1. philipk65

philipk65 New Member

Hi,

I have a 2012 Eternal Propane tankless water heater GU 195 S.

The last 3 days it make a horrible noise when the gas kicks on. It sounds like a out of tune French horn or a sick Moose.

*** FYI - 3 days ago our propane tank was filled up from 20 gallons to 80 gallons. Would that have something to do with it? ***

What can be the problem?

Also, I read some pretty bad reviews on this model. How is the company about standing behind their product and warranties?

Thanks!
  2. zl700

zl700 DIY Senior Member

A 100 gallon tank is not large enough for a 200,000 BTU appliance. (I'm guessing you have that tank size, as 80% is max fill).
    These tanks are used for clothes dryers and cooking.

The evaporative capabilities and the small regulators they put on these tanks can't supply the volume of LP gas the tankless requires. The problem you are hearing is called resonance and it's common on undersized LP systems.

Shame on the installer or LP company whoever was there last, they should know this.
  3. dschag

dschag New Member

I don't think the problem is due to propane tank size.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014