Epoxy Floor Covering

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by Weaselpolooza, May 16, 2007.

1. Weaselpolooza

Weaselpolooza New Member

I have a 24' x 24' area (cement) inside of my shed that I am thinking about covering with the roll on expoxy floor covering. I have never done this before and according to the directions it seems fairly easy.

Does anyone have any tips for applying this coating? I would hate for something to go wrong when I have already started applying the epoxy.

Thanks!!!
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Make sure the area is clean and dry, and well ventilated. Epoxy is rather nasty to breathe in an enclosed area,

The material will be in two parts. Mix well in the ration specified, and read up in advance what the working time is. Be ready to complete only the amount you can cover during that time frame. For an area as large as you suggest, about the size of a 2 car garage, I have done this a couple of times and do one half per session. That seemed to work well.
  3. Weaselpolooza

Weaselpolooza New Member

When you apply it in two sessions is it visible where you stop and then start again or does it blend in fairly well with itself. Also, is there really that big of a difference between the different grades of flooring (Basement, Garage, Industrial)

Thanks Again!!