Emergency shut off valve (for leaks)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by YeeP, Oct 12, 2009.

1. YeeP

YeeP New Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Does this exist? This is the second time my Backflow preventor has blown while I was away from the house. Not fun to get home with an inch of water in the basement. I know I am an idiot for not blowing out the sprinklers yet, but that is beside the point. In the future I will do my best to get that done, but in the case that I am stupid again, does anyone know if something like this exists? (where if it gets wet, it closes a valve)

Edit: I found this "Water Cop" system. Looks like the sensor might not be real happy sitting outside in the elements.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  2. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

Dec 2, 2005
    Plumbing Designer
    SW Florida
    I've seen WaterCops setups that do what you want.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement