Electric Hot water Heater Forced hot water

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by cuppa, Jul 11, 2008.

1. cuppa

cuppa New Member

Hello,

Can I attach an electric hot water heated (80 Gallon) in place of a Boiler, would it work? T

I know the recover rate would not be that great but am looking for a way to avoid using my oil boiler?

Any thoughts?
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Let me get this straight...
    You want to avoid using the boiler for your domestic potable hot water is what you want right??? You are not planning on using it for heating purposes???
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

heater

It will work for your domestic hot water usage, but would be completely inadequate as a space heating device. And if you tried to use it for space heating the electric bill would eat you alive.