Eco Drake install, what amount of un-level is okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Probedude

Reaction score
What amount of un-level is acceptable for installing an Eco Drake elongated?

I'm installing my 2nd Toto Eco Drake - replacing a 1.6gpf Toto that was a splasher.

The first Eco Drake I installed I had to shim a lot to keep from rocking since the floor was not flat, but otherwise it was level. The front of the bowl is now about 1/16" lower than the back of the bowl

This 2nd one, the floor is flat (no rocking), but is sloped. On this floor the FRONT of the 2nd toilet's bowl is about 1/4" higher than the rear.

Would this be "out of spec" and result in weaker flushes? The first toilet is pretty loud when flushing (the gulp at the end). The 2nd is not as loud but it may just be bathroom acoustics.

Seems a shame to jack up the rear of the toilet, then also shim the sides to get it all level.

Dave

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Probably won't make much difference. By tipping the toilet back a little, you'll decrease the depth of the water spot since a little bit more water will drain out to reach equilibrium. You may not notice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks