Ease of installing toilet with concealed trapway

Users who are viewing this thread

Leah F.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping to hear folks' opinions on concealed trapway toilets. Are there any difficulties on installation and maintenance for the concealed trapway configurations? Are they heavier? I am considering the Highline 2-piece elongated Kohler toilet (K-76301-0). If the only downside is that of being more expensive, I think the concealed trapway toilets look pretty good.

I am steering clear of the "skirted" toilets because of complicated installations and I thought the concealed toilets are a good compromise.

Thank you and my condolences for the loss of Mr. Love.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
No issues with concealed trapways, it is simply cosmetic.
Always check MaP testing for performance...off the top of my head, the Highline series do flush well.
Only buy WC with 1,000 MaP performance rating.

Leah F.

Reaction score
Thank you Breplum. I noticed that the bolt screws are low profile on the Kohler Highline concealed trapway toilet. Does that create any installation limitations in the case where the toilet flange is resting on the sub-floor instead of the finished floor?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Nothing different between concealed trapway and standard except extra porcelain covering the trapway.
Closet bolt profile is identical.
some brands out there have different mounting systems that I won't touch because they do a poor job securing the WC. Those are skirted and if they use a plastic block, I don't like that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks