DWV through crawl space passage?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by madtoms, Jul 13, 2012.

1. madtoms

madtoms New Member

The crawl space under my home is partitioned into two sections by a chain wall topped with a concrete block knee wall to the floor joists. According to plumbing/building codes, may I run a DWV line (3" from a kitchen group) through the roughly 3' wide passageway between the two crawl space segments?

Thanks for your time and advice.
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

I doubt that there is any code reference to this, but I would be sure not to run the drain in such a way that would make access to the crawlspace any worse than it already is.