DWV project - how does this look?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sbmmm

Reaction score
You can use a double fixture cross for a sink and washer.

My parents used to have a double sancross for their washer and sink.

It did a real number on the floor with all the flooding. I changed all that when I became a plumber. And I replaced the floor.

Ok, got it. What about the questions in post #9? Thanks.

MKS

Reaction score
Is your shower vented properly?
Bert Polk guide indicates a toilet requires a 2 inch vent.
The wet vent diagrams indicate 2 inch also I believe.

Sbmmm

Reaction score
There are two roof penetrations per the current drawing schematic. One has a 1 1/2" roof penetration that you are alluding to but is using 2" pipe all the way to the underside of the roof just in case this is a problem. At this point, I would use a 2"->1 1/2" reducing fernco clamp. I can replace the 1 1'2" roof pipe flashing to 2" and make it all 2", if necessary.

The other vent penetration is 2" and it is designed with 2" pipe. I mentioned this because it's a possible option to tie all venting into the same circuit, thereby having 3 1/2" of outside air available using two penetrations. Whether that would meet proper code is unknown. It was one of my unanswered questions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks