DWV planning help,

Users who are viewing this thread

rkundrat

Reaction score
This is my second bathroom project I'm doing on our house. The DWV layout of the first was rather simple and I had multiple existing vents to tap into. This time, I've got only one existing roof penetration, and two exterior walls. I'm not familiar with how to properly utilize wet venting, but am hoping it may help in this project. Right now I'm trying to come up with a simple approach to the DWV plan.

In the attached images, can I utilize the green pipe as a wet vent for the toilet, shower and tub as shown? Or, is that not sufficient for 3 fixtures? Also is that vent too far away? (rough scale, the floor is 14' x 8'.)

I can easily introduce additional vents in the wall that the sinks and toilet are against if needed. Thank you for any thoughts or guidance in advance.

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 5.18.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 5.39.30 PM.png

rkundrat

Reaction score
The tub,water closet and shower have to be vented

Thank you for your reply. So I'm assuming that the green pipe can not be considered a wet vent for any of those.

Alternatively does the following satisfy the requirements for circuit venting?
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.47.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.50.27 AM.png

Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-7.jpg

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
I know this isometric does not represent you layout but might help you understand DWV systems.

Attachments

• iso.jpg
    iso.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,411
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks