DWV Fittings check for bathroom & laundry (Ontario, Canada)

Users who are viewing this thread

riverdale

Reaction score
Now that the layout has been determined (previous post), I’m looking at individual fittings for specific locations of the DWV system (Ontario, Canada).

Can somebody please tell me if what I’ve indicated on the attached diagram shows the *CORRECT* fittings for those locations?

A few specific points, mostly to give me options if I am tight on access/space:

LOCATION A & B:

Instead of a Long Turn 90, would 2 x45 also be acceptable here? Just *NOT* a medium 90.

LOCATION C:

Can a WYE used in a vent situation be entirely horizontal? Or does it have to be slightly rotated above horizontal, or must it be completely vertical?

LOCATION D:

A horizontal SAN-TEE *cannot* be used here, it must be a COMBO WYE or a WYE + 45, correct?

LOCATION E:

If extra physical space is needed between the washing machine SAN-TEE and the SAN-TEE for the sinks, can a WYE be used here (vertically) to get the standpipe connection down a little lower on the main stack.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• DWV Fittings Bathroom & Laundry.jpg
    DWV Fittings Bathroom & Laundry.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 208

riverdale

Reaction score
Mmmm......any takers here? Just looking for a confirmation the fittings I’m planning on using are correct and I haven’t missed something. If there’s anybody out there that can provide a thumbs up or thumbs down based on my diagram I’d appreciate it.
Thank you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Just to confuse you a little bit more, I would use a Y or 1/8 bend at A&B wuth a 1/6 bend rolling into it.
C in many areas you CANNOT run the vent horizontal in the first place
D if the inspector allws the vent at that location then a combo would be used for the drain
E. you cannot connect an unvented branch to a vertical line with a combo or Y.

riverdale

Reaction score
Just to confuse you a little bit more, I would use a Y or 1/8 bend at A&B wuth a 1/6 bend rolling into it.
C in many areas you CANNOT run the vent horizontal in the first place
D if the inspector allws the vent at that location then a combo would be used for the drain
E. you cannot connect an unvented branch to a vertical line with a combo or Y.

Thanks HJ, you're the best!

I think I've got ya.....

A & B: I think what you're getting at is make the transition as smooth and gentle as possible. So a LT 90 isn't *wrong* it's just even better if done with your set-up? Which should be doable. Having said that, currently there are FOUR 90's and a 45 leading to Location A over a 3' horizontal and 1' vertical distance, so just about ANYTHING I replace it with should be an improvement!

C: Looking at it again I think I can just about squeeze in a vertical vent connection there so that shouldn't be an issue.

D: Great, the wall is 2x6, so again, shouldn't be a problem space wise getting that in there.

E: Ahhhh, so my two SAN-TEES are fine as shown and if I'm understanding correctly I *could* use a COMBO or WYE on the sink branch, *if* necessary due to height/space, because it IS vented. Whereas the standpipe branch IS NOT, thus no COMBO or WYE, only SAN-TEE.

Thank you again so much, it is truly appreciated!

Reach4

Reaction score
Would D have been allowed by your inspectors, even with the combo?

riverdale

Reaction score
Would D have been allowed by your inspectors, even with the combo?
At this point I don’t know, but it was discussed towards the end of my previous thread about the initial DWV layout. Two solutions were presented (this option with central vent and west side drain, and a central drain with vent directly above) but I was going with this 2 sink vent setup to hopefully avoid the elusive double fixture fitting.

Reach4

Reaction score
Two solutions were presented (this option with central vent and west side drain, and a central drain with vent directly above) but I was going with this 2 sink vent setup to hopefully avoid the elusive double fixture fitting.
Two vents over two santees would be liked by everybody if the drain pipes are 2 inch and the drain tee was combo or wye+45.

riverdale

Reaction score
Two vents over two santees would be liked by everybody if the drain pipes are 2 inch and the drain tee was combo or wye+45.

Just so I'm not misunderstanding you.....Do you mean like this shown in the diagram excerpt below?
- The drains will be 2" (except the sink traps @ 1.5")
-The "left" sink at location D will be tied into using a combo.
-This two sink branch will tie in with a SAN-TEE above the washer standpipe SAN-TEE.
-The vent coming up off the middle of the two sinks will be 1.5" and vertical all the way.
-The main stack is 3" and vents directly to roof.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1768.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 193

Reach4

Reaction score
img_3.jpg

Bonus. The standpipe now has a dry vent, so no concern about whether a wet vent is OK.

Reach4

Reaction score
Re-looking, maybe I should have drawn the drain line horizontal in line with the drain line going off to the left.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks